What is Terror Island?
Terror Island is an all-new scare experience, featuring 3 scare attractions and a whole lot more. Read more about the attractions here.
Where is it located?
Terror Island is located at Blackgang Chine Land of Imagination, Nr. Ventnor, Isle of Wight PO38 2HN
How scary is it?
Terror Island is intended to scare you, but what scares one person is different to what scares another. To get a better idea take a look at the feature page for each attraction. Click Here
Will the characters touch me?
They may touch you without malice, but they will not harm you. You must not touch or harm them under any circumstances
If I get scared, can I get out?
The attractions operate a one-way route with no midway exits, once you are in you must experience the entire attraction
Will I get wet?
If it is raining you may get wet when moving between attractions, or while waiting for entry to the attractions themselves, which are all indoors. Please dress accordingly and wear appropriate footwear. Please also note that water effects are used in some attractions.
What is the age restriction?
Terror Island is not suitable for children and we regret that anyone under the age of 16 will not be admitted.
Guests aged between 16-18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of 18 at all times, and subject to a ratio of not less than 1 adult per 6 16-18-year olds.
Can I buy tickets on the door?
A limited release of tickets will be available on the door, but to avoid disappointment, we recommend buying your tickets in advance.
Are food and drinks available?
We’ll be serving a range of tasty street food, sweet treats and hot drinks, as well as a licensed bar.
What else is there apart from the attractions?
A thrilling night out awaits you! With entertainment from our ghastly cast, live DJ sets on selected dates, as well as a hellraising ride on Cliffhanger and a dark descent on Waterforce, there’s plenty to keep your heart racing all night long.
Do you have toilets?
Toilet facilities are available throughout the park.
Do you have parking?
Yes, we have plenty of free parking available on site.
Is this event suitable for wheelchair users?
Unfortunately, this event is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with mobility issues.
I have an illness or medical condition. can I still enter?
Please see our terms and conditions of entry at the bottom of the page for more information.
Do you use strobe lights, fog, lasers?
We do use strobe lights, fog and lasers throughout the attractions
Can I get a refund if I get scared?
No, you are entering an entertainment venue which is intended to scare you. Do not enter if you do not want to be scared.
If I arrive late will I be allowed to enter?
Our last admission time is 21.00pm each evening. We regret we will refuse entry if you attend after this time.
Do you offer group discounts?
We offer a group booking rate for groups of 12 or more. Please contact us for more information.
Where do I check in?
Upon arrival, our team will guide you the check-in point
Is Blackgang Chine open?
The main park will be closed during Terror Island, however, entry to Cliffhanger and Waterforce are included in your ticket price.
Can I take pictures / films?
The use of video recording equipment and photography is not permitted inside any of the attractions.
Are dogs permitted at the event?
Dogs are not permitted due to the nature of the event.
Are there storage facilities at the event?
There are no storage facilities available on site, and for your security and the safety of others, we will not admit you with bags or luggage, so please don’t bring them with you.
Can I enter the attractions more than once?
Every ticket secures single entry to each Scare Maze.
You can re-enter as many times as you like, subject to a re-entry fee of £5 per maze or £10 for all 3. We reserve the right to limit readmittance for operational reasons.
Terms & Conditions
This attraction is not suitable for:
• Those with photosensitive epilepsy
• Those who are pregnant
• Those who are claustrophobic
• Those who have a heart disorder
• Those who have asthma
• Those of a nervous disposition
• Those who have any kind of medical condition which may be aggravated by the experience
• Those who are reliant on any emergency or time sensitive medication.
The following are not allowed inside the attractions:
• Food and drinks
• Illegal substances
• Weapons, including imitation weapons
• Head masks, hoods, or any item which disguises the face
• Cameras or audio recording equipment
• Naked flames, including lighters or fireworks
• Puffer/quilted clothing
While inside the attraction you must not:
• Touch the live performers, sets or properties
• Chew gum
• Run, ever
• Eat or drink
• Smoke or vape
• Attempt to record any aspect of the attraction by any means
• Use your mobile telephone, these must be switched off
• Turn on any form of light, including but not limited to laser pointers, glowsticks, torches or mobile phone lights.
We will refuse admission and not refund you if:
• You appear to be under the influence of alcohol or any other substance
• Your behaviour is perceived as threatening or if we have any reason to believe you pose a threat to other guests or our live performers.
The following applies to all attractiona at Terror Island:
• The live performers may touch you, but you must not touch them.
• You must remain with your group at all times.
• You must walk forwards at all times, with both hands on the shoulders or waist of the person in front of you, unless you are the leader. You must not stop or move backwards unless instructed to do so by the scareactors.
• You are part of a group, please do not spoil the experience for the rest of the group by misbehaving or breaking the rules in any way.
• Once you enter there are no midway escape exits until you reach the end, be sure you want to enter.
• If you lose anything inside the attraction we will not be able to conduct a search for it until the following day. Anything brought into the attraction is at your own risk and we will not be held liable for any loss.
• You must wear sensible footwear and clothing inside the attraction. We will not be held liable for damage to footwear or clothing including scuffing or soiling.
• We will endeavour to ensure that all advertised features of the attraction are available. We may, however, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, cancel or suspend any feature of the attraction due to inclement weather, to ensure safety, security or order, or if we consider that the circumstances so require.
• We are carrying out filming and photography inside the park and attractions for the purpose of security, monitoring quality and marketing. These recordings may feature guest images or voices. By entering the attraction, you irrevocably waive all rights in these recordings and agree that we may use them in perpetuity and without limitation in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever without payment, notification or credit to you. You further agree that all copyright within these recordings lies solely with Blackgang Chine.
• Images and photography used in the promotion of this attraction are not contractual, exact sets and characters may differ from those shown.
• By buying a ticket to the attraction you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, and entry is at your own risk.
• We reserve the right to remove you from the attraction if you do not follow our terms and conditions of admission, without refund.
• We will not be held liable for any incident which occurs if you have failed to follow instructions given by our staff, live performers or security officers, or if you have failed to adhere to any of the terms and conditions of admission or failed to read the warnings published here.